Sunday, December 13, 2009

September 21 (Race Number Labeling)

So today was the first official day that we had to do our project hours. I signed up to do the race number labeling since the ladies said they were a bit short on people for that day and putting the label on the race numbers was a pretty huge thing to do. The time that we were supposed to get to the place(1500 Shoreline) was 5, but i got there 30 mins earlier. I wasnt sure where the building was that's why I got there so early. Anyways once i found the building i saw two of the ladies from the office that were in charge of the event. They gave me instruction on how the labels were supposed to put on and I got to working. I probably spent like 20 minutes putting labels by myself before someone finally showed up. When i first signed up for the event I thought it was a local thing only. Boy was i wrong when putting the labels on the numbers i saw people that were from out of state coming down to race that day. Anyways we finished 20 minutes early but the head coordinatoor said she would write down that we were there until 7 since we did such a good job. She came up to me and said "Instead of just 2 hours you were here an extra 30 mins and I will validate that. I'll write downt that you worked for 2 and half hours." That wa s good news =)

No comments:

Post a Comment