Sunday, December 13, 2009

September 23 (Woman's Show Loading Dock)

So today was a very long day for me! =/ It started with my showing up at the Woman's show and getting my light green volunteer shirt first. Not going to lie I think this shirt is going to make a super cool workout tee. I bet ill get people to ask me about the event. Anyways it was around 1 when i started at the Womans show. I got sent to the loading dock. I was supposed to help vendors get their stuff off their cars and to the area where they were assigned. At first there was a couple of cars here and there. Some of the time I was there I was talking to more of the volunteers and getting to know them. One of the older ladies that i got to meet(Kate) she worked at St Lukes and they were supposed to volunteer at least 10 hours that whole week. So she was doing 5 hours today and was playing on coming back the next day to finish up the last 5. Anyways since i started at 1 i got a break at 5 to go get something to eat. I since I was downtown I had many options to choose from. I decided to run to the Shell that was on Capital. I got a bag of chips and I was on my way back. Once i got back I got told that I need to go to the loading dock since some of the volunteers didnt show up. I went there as soon as I could and waited for more vendors to start to show up. Since i was only supposed to work until 6 i decided to walk around the show when i had 5 mins left. There were a lot of people there and it look pretty interesting. I got to meet a lot of new people by working on the docks. I hope that they come out on Saturday and help out with race day! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment